Sunday, April 5, 2015

My thoughts on being undefeated

It was overcast and kind of clammy today, I decided not to ride.

But shortly past noon the temperature emerged above the 50 line and a glance at the weather radar convinced me that the 20 percent chance of precipitation advertised by some outlets was not going to occur.

Yesterday was not quite warm enough, today was a tiny bit warmer and just for good measure I dressed a bit more warmly.  Specifically I took measures to assure that I would preserve more heat for my head and my hands and arms (light weight balaclava, mittens and long sleeve base layer for those keeping track).  I rode pretty much the same route as yesterday and I am pleased to report that even though yesterday's ride seemed quite a bit too much like a near death experience, today I survived quite nicely, thank you very much.

But it was grey out there, really really grey.  It was so grey that as occasionally happens there was never even the slightest motivation to produce a photograph.  Grey doesn't make a very interesting image.

But that's okay, this is the photograph I was always going to use anyway.
As I say, given the widely reported on bouncy ball squeaky shoes (that's what hockey fans call basketball) event of late last evening this seems like a moment when I should revisit my thoughts about being undefeated.

The person second from left in the back row of the photo can recite this although probably with a slight roll of the eyes as she has heard me say it many times.  I think TOPWLH maybe can also give the full version.  It is a two part statement, I will provide the first part and maybe someone will complete the sentence for me.

If you want to be undefeated . . .

4 comments:

Emily M said...

... you have to win all your games. I'm not even rolling my eyes. :-)

Emily M's mom said...

I was close. I said . . .you have to win every game. That was a fun season. PS. The players are so short!

Santini said...

My response was the same as Emily's Mom. We all have heard the story, but some stories bear repeating, and that's a good one.

I have a bike story to tell from today, too. I even took a photo. I'm a little bit knackered, and I want to leave Nikki's birthday post up for another day, so I'll save it. Hint: a destination ride.

Gino said...

Emily (she knows this) absolutely nailed it, 100 percent.