Saturday, June 8, 2013

I wonder if Barbie got home OK

I just kinda riding along over by the new Como swimming pool when this caught my eye.
One of the most well known responses to the riddle presented by the above evidence is to go house to house throughout the kingdom having all of the plastic dolls of the realm try on the boot to find the kitchen maid that it fits.

I didn't do that.

I just wondered if Barbie got home OK.

Today's update on road construction, this is Pascal Avenue south of Larpenteur in Falcon Heights.
This is catastrophic bad news, of course.  Pascal through Falcon Heights is absolutely essential to any attempted ride to the south.

On the other hand the continuing sketchy pavement at Dead Man's Curve means that there really haven't been many attempts to ride to the south.

I have recently discovered that there is a new pedestrian/bicycle bridge over the tracks and Pierce Butler at Lexington.  Use of the bridge requires quite a longish ride on the path though and the couple of times I went that way there were lots of POF (people on foot).  Notwithstanding the apparently widely held belief in urban and/or recreational planning circles, bicyclists and POF are not a good mix.  Still, that is at least A way that a person COULD get across those tracks to make an excursion to the south.  It drops me into the city far from where I usually ride but in the inevitable event of a day when the other directions are out of the question I could at least get in a few miles going south.

2 comments:

Retired Professor said...

You can get those boots on eBay for $9.95 (buy it now.). Just so you know.

Mrs Smith said...

Cute blog title and Cinderella reference. I wonder if you can buy just one of the boots at a lower price?