Tuesday, June 26, 2012

New pavement

With all the rain and high water lately I decided today to see what the state of the local water falls is. It was a cloudy morning but it turned nice when I headed out into another southeast wind. I felt strong.

I selected a slightly different route to approach the Falls than the one I have followed most often of late. This brought me up to the Falls at the end of the gorge instead of at the park pavilion area. This is extremely high water for this time of the year.
In line with my new competencies, I decided to also shoot a video.

Soothing, no?

A lady with her friend from Texas in tow asked me if I lived nearby. I checked my bicycle odometer and informed her that I lived about 11 miles away.

I knew I was close to some pavement that I had never ridden on before and it seemed like with only 11 miles ridden to that point that I could go ahead and see how close this new pavement was. Even if I stretched a couple of miles I felt strong enough, it seemed like a good adventure.
I am fairly sure that the Crown Jewel was at the time this photo was taken one of the four or five nicest bicycles on the premises, certainly one of the top two or three steel bicycles.

There are never enough pictures of orange flowers. I believe we have identified the orange as tiger lilies, I am unsure of the yellow.
Closed circuit to TCWUTH, it turned out that it was not a stretch, the ride was accomplished within the parameters of the "usual" ride. This means that TOPWLH is going to want to attempt this ride soon.

Forewarned is forearmed.

4 comments:

TOPWLH said...

This is SO cool! Wish I had been along.

Santini said...

Not as impressive as Gooseberry Falls, but still quite a bit of water.

I'm going with day lily.

I suppose she was at work when you swung by.

Retired Professor said...

Nice bike!

Emily M said...

I was indeed at work when you stopped by - but feel free to do so anytime! Both you and TOPWLT, of course.

We decided that the Crown Jewel was probably in the top 3 or 4 overall, out of the 6 in total.