Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Beaver spotting

I am not enamored of the new blogger. It has betrayed me again.

These things are all really just my fault, both big booboos have been primarily user error.

But it does seem to me that the interface could be just a trifle more forgiving. Click the wrong button and YOUR ENTIRE POST DISAPPEARS? With no avenue whatsoever for recovery?

OK, so it's gone. But why can't I go back to some master list and recover it? Just because I am editing the text why does that mean that the previous version NO LONGER EXISTS? Are you kidding me? You can revert to previous versions in every word processing program even the lamentably bug ridden Microsoft Word. Why is the original just completely gone?

Nothing further on this for now.

OK, I can't leave it alone.

Regular users of blogger will know that in the new interface there are two different photo posting processes. If you upload a photo before you enter any text you get one process. This one aligns the photo "center" as specified in blogger preferences. It also uploads a photo size of 240x320 pixels. The standard size for photos that I have been posting for, what, FIVE YEARS? has been 300x400.

If you put in some text and then "insert" a photo it uploads 300x400 but aligns at the left margin.

I have worked out how to deal with both of these problems (hint: edit HTML) but why do I have to be the one responsible for making new blogger do what old blogger did automatically.

New blogger is buggy, it sux.

I had a Guest Rider today as we rode out to check on the beavers.

The water level seems to have gone down just a tad but when we were at the dam the beaver work crew had been present for a considerable amount of work since the last appearance by the human work crew. There is very little water flowing through that dam.
Here is the Guest Rider at Lake Vadnais.
I have edited all of the HTML and the photos should be 300x400 and aligned center. I CAN do it, I AM doing it. I am tiring of having to go through the hassle.

Is anyone at blogger central listening?

Today's (actually yesterday's) milestone: 1,000 miles this bicycle, this year.

One last thing, I was recently reminded of George Harrison's comment upon being asked if he thought there would soon be a Beatles reunion. He said, "I do not believe there will be a Beatles reunion as long as John Lennon remains dead."

And of course George himself is now gone. I love this performance.

George leaves the stage at the 3:30 mark leaving the likes of Eric Clapton, Ringo Starr and Leon Russell to finish up.

2 comments:

TOPWLH said...

Beaver dam, gorgeous lake, George Harrison, Leon Russell and Eric Clapton. Wow. Nice post. I really enjoyed the ride (although I am STILL a bit knackered) but this is a bonus.

Jimi said...

I really like your taste in music. Nice choice.