Saturday, June 2, 2012

Beavers reassert control

I really did suspect that this was a possibility but I didn't expect it quite this soon.

Yesterday I reported on the partial removal of a beaver dam out at Sucker Lake park. It appears that about as soon as the work crew departed the permanent residents out there noticed that something was amiss. Since then they have been busy as, well, busy as beavers.
We rode the shortest possible straight line out to Highway 96 and circled back through Lake Vadnais. This is only her third ride of the season but she tolerated 20 miles OK on her last outing. I have done the research and I was pretty sure I could get the full tour completed in around 20 miles.
She carried on a bit about "stretching" on the way home so we took the usual Snelling crossing loop. This adds a mile and a half or so but allows for the most relaxed crossing (when you hit traffic just right) of that major thoroughfare.

It was a very pleasant day for a ride, sunny and low 70s with a breeze that did not punish too severely.

2 comments:

Santini said...

20 miles? Including Vadnais?

It looks warm where you are.

I'm rooting for the beavers, myself.

Jimi said...

Nature is relentless, including beavers.