Thursday, September 8, 2011

Repairs

Today my riding schedule and Scott's working schedule finally matched up. He was available for consultation when I stopped by the bike shop. Here is a look at the yellow bicycle on the repair stand while the rear wheel and the cogs are off in another part of the shop getting as Scott said, that little hiccup removed.The repair took only a few minutes, I was in and out of the shop in less than 20 minutes. I rode the bike home, all gears are now available and in good working order.

The bicycle repair took only a few minutes and I am willing to bet this repair took only a few minutes as well.The key element here is wood screws instead of duct tape and twine. That mail box post came apart when it was hit by what the plow threw at it in the plowing after the last November's first heavy wet snow. Ten months and about 20 minutes of labor later appearances have been, at least temporarily, restored.

Of course, there is more snow coming again soon.

1 comment:

Santini said...

Good news on the bike repair. No more skipping in the 17, I assume.

A lot of people would have bought a new post -- available at Van Wierens, for example. I do admire the frugality, however. I hope it holds up.