Friday, September 16, 2011

3,022

I ride a lot. The annual mileage total today clicked past another one of those big numbers. If the weather holds . . .

Today was supposed to be warmer and in a simple numerical comparison I guess it was. The problem for today was an overcast that lasted until about 3pm. When combined with a pretty brisk south wind today felt colder than the last couple of days when at least there was a bright sun.Minus 196F is cold indeed. That works out to about -127C. Today's summary looks like this:

EG:-196 CB:55 AOWG:59

Someone calculate a mean for me and I will enter that in my bicycle log as today's temperature.

Annual grasses are all in seed stage. I ride past several places where homeowners have put in large patches of various long stem grasses for decorative effect. Here is one I have not previously seen, however:3,000 miles is a lot of miles. Even so, I am still quite a bit behind schedule and unlikely to reach my annual goal. But 3,000 miles . . . I only need about 40 more rides averaging 25 miles each. 40 more rides? That doesn't seem very likely. But . . . At least I can actually see it from here whether or not I will actually get there.

The Crown Jewel has moved into second place on the mileage chart for bicycle with most miles ridden this year. This is a great, great bicycle. Getting it down from the rafters was a really good idea.

2 comments:

Jimi said...

-27 F.

That pair of grass maned horses show a very creative use of long stemmed vegetation.

Santini said...

3,022 is a very nice number. Good job.