Sunday, September 4, 2011

Layers

More evidence of fall, I guess. I could tell looking out the window that it was windy and I could tell by looking at the thermometer that it was cool. I failed to grasp how cool it was until I went out and started a ride into the north wind.

I was back in the house after less than 2 miles and had this stuff on when I headed back out.That's my new Craft sleeveless base layer, one of my newest items of gear. My Castelli arm warmers are relatively venerable but that Pearl jacket may well be the oldest item of gear that I own.

The sun came out after a while and it is actually pretty nice out right now but I finished the ride with three layers and felt just fine, thank you, not overheated in the slightest.

Fall is my favorite season of the year.

1 comment:

Retired Professor said...

Mine, too. (Fall as the favorite season.)

I approve of the yellow outer layer, especially as we are about to move into the season where motorists are no longer expecting to see bicyclists out and about.