Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Great gas, good goods.

Three weeks ago I posted a picture of a sign at a gas station illustrating what seemed at that time to be a historically low gas price, under $2 per gallon. Today I bought gas again.This picture was taken at 5:56pm. Yes, the background is an accurate depiction of how dark it is here before 6 o'clock on November 25. Dark, very, very dark.

And yes, gas today was $1.619.

I have a vague recollection of how outraged I felt the first time I had to part with more than a $20 bill for a tankful of gas. That all seems so very, very long ago but today I filled up for $21.53. Another few days of gas prices heading in this direction and perhaps I could once again get a fill for just a single Jackson.

Fat Cyclist has a sister who also blogs. I read several of her posts and recommend her post "He Ain't Fat, He's My Brother" and in fact any of the other posts that I also read. It appears that really good writing runs in that family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been reading Pistols and Popcorn for a while, but not long enough to have seen that post. Powerful stuff. Thanks. The Lance Armstrong Foundation has been on my charitable contribution list since my friend Donna died of lung cancer. There are a lot of good charities out there and to each their own, but LAF is one of mine. My only issue with them is that the check is always signed by me, written on our joint account, and all, yes ALL of their correspondance is addressed to John. So like most of the bicycle world, they're sexist pigs. :)