Thursday, November 20, 2008

First pitch

September 16, 2007. Wireless took us to a baseball game. I have this labelled in my pictures file as "First pitch".I think that's Detroit as the opponent, Curtis Granderson at the plate. This conclusion is based mostly on the large script "D" visible on the outfield scoreboard. I also have a vague belief that Granderson bats leadoff for Detroit (switch hitter, batting left against the right handed pitcher?). I don't see as many games as others who may observe this photo so I am little unsure but to me the pitcher's delivery looks most like Baker, although it vaguely says Slowey to me. I think the catcher is Joe.

In the 2008 season the local baseballers stayed in the pennant race until and beyond the last day of the season. As a result, September baseball games in Minnesota in 2008 were played before much larger crowds than the crowd evident in this 2007 photo.

1 comment:

Santini said...

Delving into the archives again?