Thursday, October 2, 2008

Belated lines

I missed the theme day by being inattentive to what the theme was but here I am only a day late with lots and lots of lines. Close examination will reveal a gas pipe LINE, a railroad LINE, an electric power LINE, a fence LINE, and bonuses of a street and a bike path. Also, not visible in the photo but visible to me as I stood out there was the sidewalk where I was standing on the near side of the street.I easily could have posted this yesterday as I rode through this spot yesterday too. The lighting today was almost certainly better. Yesterday's ride was almost always under a heavy overcast. So while I missed the theme day yesterday I almost certainly got a better picture today.

I was riding after work again so as I neared home the sun was nearing the horizon. I stopped a couple of miles from home when I came to a spot where the sunset looked pretty picturesque.The problem with stopping a couple of miles from home to photograph a sunset is, obviously, that you have to ride the last two miles home after sunset.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Right on topic.

Lovely sunset photo. After dark is a dangerous time to be biking.