Sunday, October 12, 2008

Chad* and Wireless for scale

A couple of days ago I showed some leaves in our driveway which had fallen from our front yard ash tree. I said that once the ash leaves started to drop they would go fast and that the tree would be mostly bare within a week.

Here is the ash tree as I finished my ride today, Chad* for scale. The tree is mostly bare and well within a week.I got in a middday ride and it was another beautiful day for a ride, temperatures in the mid-70s, about 15 degrees above normal. On yesterday's ride we rode a pretty difficult hill, somewhat inadvertently. But as a result of having ridden that hill yesterday I felt capable today of doing some hills I have been avoiding. I felt pretty close to back to full strength. It was a spectacularly nice ride.

TOPWLH had her family over today to allow them all to inspect her home improvements. Wireless came over a bit early to assist and was already here by the time I finished my ride. I took the above photo and then after getting in the house I asked Wireless to come out and model. The ash tree isn't as visible this time but this is the ash tree with Chad* and Wireless for scale.TOPWLH had lots and lots of fun, as did everyone. We sat OUTSIDE on the deck and it was all very, very nice.

*-ask Wireless, it's her car.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking like fall, indeed. My ash tree still has all of it leaves. Good to document weekends like this -- they are rare.