Saturday, October 11, 2008

OOTND in THOD

My once a week riding companion, TOPWLH, at a very early moment in today's ride declared it to be one of the nicest days in the history of days. I am mildly flattered that a phrase originally declaimed by moi has entered into the public lexicon. However, I feel it is now necessary to declare a copyright, or perhaps a trademark. All future uses of OOTND in THOD should appear with a footnote recognizing the owner. So there.

I warned everyone that these were going to be coming and here another one is:

3,000 miles this bike this year.It is a French bike, I was wearing my Cycles Laurent Paris jersey (obtained for me by the French girl), we were right in the neighborhood, it seemed appropriate to stop at the State Fair Creperie. I suppose it doesn't really count as a very Frenchy spot as it is only open for business 11 days a year. This is particularly true when you consider that right at the end of the block is one of several stands at the Fair selling "French" fries.

So we continued on looking for other vaguely French references.BB rounding a roundabout.

After that we headed into the wind, trying to get to the top of the wind so that the ride home would be made by riders feeling strong. The wind was from the east mostly, along with a southern component. South of our house and about as far east as we can easily get we came once again to the Capital.It was a beautiful day. On the way home we felt strong, we felt fast.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the LOOK for the milestone. And to you as well. ~ SS

Anonymous said...

I googled "one of the nicest days in the history of days" and the only results were from gzmoohoo and me. And I was citing you.
You own it.

TT

Anonymous said...

The earliest reference seemed to be from 2004, from a photo posted by gzmoohoo of the Tuileries. Another French connection. SS