Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Morning thunderstorms, afternoon sprinkles

No ride today. I only very rarely post on days when I do not ride.

ButMy Gary Gaetti model Louisville Slugger. This one was personally autographed by former Minnesota Twin Gary Gaetti. Mr. Gaetti's handwritten signature is visible in blue ink just above the machine applied model number and signature at the top of the bat.

I obtained the bat by calling in to a local cable access sports talk show during the time when Gaetti was still a member of the Twins. As I recall I answered a trivia question which I do not remember but which I do remember as being so easy that I must have been the only viewer of that cable access show at that moment or surely someone else would have answered it.

I went down to the studio, about 4 miles from my house, to pick up my prize. When I arrived they were still on the "air" so I appeared on camera as a guest commentator discussing the Minnesota Twins. The team at that point was not very good and I think we talked about how the team could improve. I recall that my observation was that trading Gaetti would not be an appropriate course. I offered this opinion while sitting in a chair holding my new Gary Gaetti bat in my hands.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember that day. You were on the air! Very impressive (or at least interesting if I remember correctly). I forgot about the bat. Cool.
BB

Anonymous said...

Very cool.