Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Mid-season

Today is the middle day of the middle month of the reasonable temperature Minnesota bicycling season. It is an appropriate time to assess goals for the season and accomplishments to date.

In fact, here is aLOOK at Midway.

(pause for laughter)

I have a number in mind and to do so I need a certain number of rides at a certain average number of miles for each of those rides. As of today I am in good shape in all categories, total miles, total rides and average miles per ride. If the weather holds I should have no huge difficulty achieving my objectives.

Today was a bit cooler than yesterday. I set out to soft pedal, to very definitely make the ride a recovery ride. I felt good, I felt slow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does 'fair to middlin' work here?