Friday, September 14, 2007

It isn't D&W

The forecast for tonight is a possible all time record low for this date, something into the lower 30s. Cover those tomatoes and dress warmly if you want to ride a bicycle.

Tights, jacket, arm warmers under the jacket, base layer under the jersey, full finger gloves, helmet liner, I was not warm but I was warm enough.

Having mentioned it yesterday I felt like the Rice Street A&W should make an appearance. This drive-in restaurant still exists at the corner of Rice Street and South Owasso Boulevard.It's not D&W but it does offer fish (for only $1.99). It's also not Hot'N'Now. If I remember drive-in food correctly it is probably more like luke warm and after a bit. But it does boast All American Food. I am willing to bet without seeing the menu that you can get a burger basket at this place.

Does anyone see the temperature? Yup, it was cold today.

2 comments:

Jimi said...

The thermometer in the photo says 51. That sounds like a cold ride to me. There may be frost on that sign by morning. TT

Anonymous said...

Nice title to your post today. 51 is pretty chilly, but we'll be riding in colder than that before the season is over. It helps that the ground is still warm. You sound adequately dressed for the conditions, though a long sleeve base layer is what I've gone to at this point. Full fingered gloves, but the lighter ones, so far.

A&W still has a drive in? I haven't been to ours in years -- it is on the south end of town, and I don't get that direction too often. As you know our Hot'N'Now is just a shell of what it once was. Burger baskets.... with a tall frosty mug, I'll bet. SS