Sunday, September 16, 2007

And then we went to the Twins game

I looked out the door THIS morning and summer had returned. Well, actually, normal temperatures for September had returned. It was sunny, clear and 54 by 8:30 and I went for a bicycle ride. Getting properly dressed for the conditions has been tricky but I am confident that after a couple of trials that I have regained control over the temperature control issue. I was absolutely dressed correctly for 54 and as the day warmed I was able to manage layers and was absolutely dressed correctly for the low 60s by the time I got home.

I suppose this is art. I am not qualified as a critic in this sphere either but I am willing to say that it looks like good welding.This piece is in the parking lot in front of a landscaping/design business over in the industrial zone just off University. The chartreuse color of the welding is matched by the highlights on the company's otherwise white trucks.

Emily took us to the Twins game again. Those seats are really amazing. This is Scott Baker of the Twins delivering the first pitch of the game to Curtis Granderson of the Detroit Tigers.Granderson hit a home run a couple of pitches later and Detroit went on to win 6-4. The Twins had the bases loaded in both the eighth and ninth innings but could not overcome Detroit's early lead. Even so, it was an exciting game and we had fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A step above yard art, a form of public art? It reminds me of the iron sculptures near Padnos on the way into Holland. SS

Anonymous said...

The Twins game doesn't look too well attended. I guess the local boys are out of the pennant race. It's still a pretty good show for the hard core, however. TT