Thursday, July 26, 2007

Contador in yellow

I found a page at L'Equipe where rider reactions to the events of yesterday are posted. It is in French which is not my native tongue but I think I understand well enough the basic meaning.

This is Sébastien Hinault, a Frenchman riding for Crédit Agricole:

Je pense que Evans ferait un meilleur vainqueur du Tour que Contador. Evans, on le voit souffrir en montagne, on voit le rictus. C'est pas l'impression qu'on donné Rasmussen et Contador.

I believe that Hinault says that he thinks Evans would make a better winner of the Tour than Contador. You can see that Evans suffers in the mountains, you can see it in his face. You do not get the same impression from Rasmussen and Contador.

I join Hinault in rooting for Cadel.

Ozzie, Ozzie, Ozzie. Oi, Oi, Oi.

3 comments:

Jimi said...

There may not be much honor in winning this year's tour. It may be better to wait until next year when the race may arguably be drug free. But maybe you win it when you can.

Anonymous said...

say happy b-day to MM opps you forgot

Emily said...

Most excellent translation there, GZ. And I agree with Hinault and you. Allez Cadel!