Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Changing weather

As I left work the day long weather threat seemed to fulfill itself. Suddenly it was raining, and raining hard. It eased up a bit about the time I got onto the freeway but all around everything was pretty wet. As I neared home the tennis courts at Roseville Area High School were completely puddled up.

I assumed at this point that no ride was possible and detoured from my regular Snelling Avenue exit to Cleveland, intending to head to the bike store on University to try on something that they advertised in the catalog I just received from them.

When I turned onto Cleveland it seemed to be plenty dry enough to ride so I detoured back on Larpenteur and headed home. It was plenty dry and it was absolutely gorgeous out for long enough to get a ride in. It was starting to darken up as I finished but I just glanced out and it seems pretty nice again.

Changing weather.

Before I even got out of the driveway I had today's wildlife sighting. There was a bunny in the front yard. I tried to get a photo but apparently failed.

I gotta go watch le Tour again. Tomorrow is the first stage with significant uphill parts, the first opportunity to see the real strong men of le Tour come to the forefront. I still like Evans, Leipheimer and Klöden. None of them have done anything to indicate that they are anything other than contenders. There are several others as well, obviously. Sastre, Menchov, Vinokourov, Valverde and perhaps even Moreau are all also realistic contenders. The race is about to start to be exciting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These long flat stages are fun for about the last half hour. Yesterday's finish was great for someone who's two favorite foreign countries are Norway and New Zealand. But those big sprinters can't climb, so perhaps we'll see something today. Georgie is doing pretty well, but I don't think he'll ever win this thing. SS