Sunday, September 6, 2020

Last day of summer

It feels pretty bad to say that but the indications this year are pretty clear.  It was 82 when I got home from my ride, predicted high for tomorrow is upper 50s with no return to 80 likely until April or May.

Tomorrow is Labor Day, the last day of the State Fair and the first day of fall.  I am not ready, who is ever ready for the end of summer but . . .

I rode to Lake Johanna for the first time this year.  I remembered correctly that it is downhill to the lake.  Imagine that, water accumulating in a low spot.  What I didn't remember is such a robust crowd.  I thought the Lake Johanna crowd was usually pretty sparse.

Lots of boats and even a life guard on duty.  Well it is the last day of summer.

And the last day of the Fair.  This is one of the things we missed a lot.

Two of the things, actually.

Only a couple left to go.  This one is in a nondescript office strip mall/park on Rice Street.

So long summer, come back as soon as you can.

2 comments:

Retired Professor said...

I have seen it referred to as the lost summer of 2020.

That rose is nicely displayed.

TOPWLH said...

I spent almost two hours on the grassy shore of Lake Johanna just after you took that picture. Nice spot for a socially-distanced happy hour and not crowded there.

I really like that rose. It is whimsical and it includes Norah's 3 favorite colors. I do not know that strip mall nor do I want to get to know it, I bet.

Sigh. I was so looking forward to sitting on our bench with Norah again this summer . . .