Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Fake news

A few days ago I repeated the opinion of a local weather reporter that we had had the last day for this year of 80 degree temperatures.

Surprise.

Today was 82.  Pretty nice day for mid-September, I suppose, but too windy for a comfortable bike ride.  And humid.  But September humid.  There was a lot of water in the air but without summer time sun it just didn't quite cook up into that mixture that is so hard to breathe.  It felt muggy but a very breathable muggy.

And even without a cloud the sky was not blue.  There was a substantial and quite evident smear of smoke.  The cable news channels are reporting that multiple west coast states are on fire.

But I did ride and took my mid-ride sit down here.

I sat on the green rug simulating grass over there in front of the lawn mower picture.

From that spot I found myself looking at the hardware for one of the two sky rides.  There are two and they are NOT the same, they each have a name and the names differ in some insignificant detail which I do not at this moment recall.  I do know that the building back up the hill there which is underneath the track of this attraction is the spot where females have taken to discarding their undergarments while riding this thing during Fair week.  Note that there is no underwear visible today.  Which is as it should be, it is not Fair week.

There is quite a bit of road furniture as the grounds prepare for this weekend's drive through flu shot clinic.  I have already had mine so I will not be participating but I wonder if you could bicycle through and still participate.

 The sky looks blue but an indistinct sort of clear blue.  Smoke.

 This time probably was the last appearance of 80 for this year.  The average for tomorrow is 76 so 80 still seems possible but the forecast for tomorrow is cool again.  There feels like plenty of season left, we shall see.

3 comments:

TOPWLH said...

Our dafter will be happy about your sit down location. Free advertising for Toro.

It was a perfect day for a long walk and I enjoyed mine and also noticed the strangely dim blue color of the sky.

Well-written post as always.

Emily M said...

Excellent Fair content. And yay for Toro! :)

Retired Professor said...

Weather gossips love to call the end of things -- they forecast the last freeze numerous times this spring. Eventually they were right.

Nice post, I like the fake grass for your sit down spot. And Toro seems like a fitting spot.