Friday, September 4, 2020

Grass Lake

I have been trying to ride every other day and that makes yesterday ride day.  For one of the first times ever I violated the Auckland Rule by declining to ride in windy conditions.  Rule or no rule gusts of up to 39 mph promised to suck any possible pleasure out of bicycling, I stayed inside.

But I got right back on, making it out the door this afternoon.  I remain theoretically on pace for most miles in a month.

I rode out to Grass Lake, my second time there this year.  I have ridden through this underpass many, many times but not today.

At that, the water appears to be down quite a bit from high water mark still visible on the concrete.  If that water goes down a bit more it will be an indication that the water level in the wetland over there on the other side has probably gone down enough to reopen the bike path.  That may be of interest to some but not necessarily to me as getting this far was pretty close to the end of my range.

This one is in a warehouse district on the far west edge of the city, way over on the other side of the freeway.

If you upload pictures in the new blogger interface they are automatically displayed at a large size.  If you have to do something else for a bit and save the photos included draft, when you come back the photos have resized to something smaller and there is a confusing new interface to try and get them back up to the upload size.

2 comments:

TOPWLH said...

Fun to see that underpass. I remember it mostly as being unpassable, but I am sure we must have ridden through it sometimes. I am really starting to miss bicycling.
That rose seems a little garish to me.

Retired Professor said...

September is a good month to try for a record number of miles, as a rule. The drawback is wind, as you've noted. Good luck.

I'm frustrated with the new blogger format -- my photo uploads seem inconsistent. Sometimes it uploads big, and sometimes small. My last post I found some + and - signs to change the size. The old way worked efficiently, change for the sake of change.

I remember seeing that underpass under water -- a very long time ago.