Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Hot days coming

Well, I guess it is July.

We were out today and it seemed hot to me.  Not unbearable or anything but certainly July.  Predictions are for quite a bit hotter by next week.

By next week I may be riding earlier in the day.

We made it all the way to the Greenway today.  We didn't actually ride on it, we just crossed it.
There was a very large number of cyclists using the trail today.  It was pretty much the busiest street we crossed.

We were headed for the Franklin Avenue bridge.  If truth be known I had not been over that way yet this year so I was as surprised as anyone to discover that the bridge is closed for deck reconstruction.

That meant that the GRider ended up riding a little farther than was planned as we had to double back to a functional bridge.  She didn't complain though and a good time was had by all.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree. I was a bit knackered when we got home but I really enjoyed being outside on this perfect summer day.

Santini said...

Trail use is okay with me. There's a lot to be said for not mixing it up with cars.

The construction activity here is pretty bad, and getting caught by surprise a long way from home by a closed bridge is not fun. I'm glad everyone made it home okay.

Damn hot here.