Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Nantes 2004

Some photos from our first trip to France, a time before the current blog.  These are from our visit to Nantes where Wireless was a student on a semester abroad.

Wireless and her Moo in front of the building where she lived.  The old town of Nantes is located down near the river, this is a couple of hundred meters up the hill above the old town.
Wireless and her Moo in front of the hotel where we stayed.  This is about half the way up from the old town towards where she lived.
A park between the hotel and where Wireless lived, closer to her than to us.
I was there, too.  Here we are at the Passage Pommeraye.
The Place de la Commerce.  We had lots of interesting experiences there including the infamous ordering of a glass of wine in two languages and not getting it correct either time.  It was at one of these white tables you can see there and it remains an open question just exactly what and why but the wine that arrived at the table was not of the color ordered, in either language.
 The Opera House at Place Graslin.
 Place Royale.
 The reason why we were there in the first place.
I noticed in doing a back up something that hadn't occurred to me recently.  I wasn't blogging in 2004.  I have these photos on my hard drive and most of the core audience has seen them but they are not part of the blogspot archive.

I will have some more tomorrow.

1 comment:

Retired Professor said...

Good stuff. Vin blanc or vin rouge? I remember the story as white, but it's been a while since I've heard it.

Blogging is a good way to create a personal journal in electronic form. Maybe I should put more thought into mine.