Thursday, May 9, 2013

Rained today

Spent a little time looking through old files.  I don't think any of these have been posted before.

My notes in the file say 1997, obviously at the Bay House in Michigan.  I think Ted was the artist for that painting behind us.
Not sure of the year here but it is Michigan again, in the street behind the beach house.  I see Kelsey too,  I think the two of them were doing ice skating tricks on roller blades.
 I think this is 1995, the year of the world championships in Seattle.  That's out at Rose Beach on the Washington Pacific Ocean coast.
And an undated sunset picture on the deck in Michigan.
The temperature has dropped about 20 degrees F since yesterday but the forecast is for clearing skies with temperatures tomorrow rising back towards 20C.

7 comments:

BDE said...

I LOVE these photos and the star of them. Emily looks so beautiful and happy in each.

Santini said...

Nice, nice photos. All of those young and beautiful people!

It will only hit 50 today, which is, as BSNCY says, is (youdothemathifyoucaresodamnmuch) degrees C.

Gino said...

Those are all originally film photos, pre-digital Kodachrome (actually probably Kodacolor come to think of it), run through the scanner a couple of winters ago for conversion to the format seen here.

Gino said...

Oh, and 50F is 10C.

Emily M said...

It looks like a good time was being had by all. Particularly in that last one. What were we doing?

Emily M said...

P.S. These photos also mark the appearance of two of my favorite clothing items EVER. 1) The Angry Sun hat (rollerblading and on the deck - I still have it somewhere) and 2) that Unionbay t-shirt I'm wearing on Rose Beach. It had an excellent message about being yourself printed on it, if I recall correctly.

BDE said...

I noticed both of those items of apparel also. The Angry Sun Hat is downstairs on the top of the coat rack. I don't know how I would have had the heart to give away the Unionbay t-shirt, but haven't seen it for a while.
What WERE we doing on the deck at sunset that night? It looks like a big, happy Ta-Da!