Friday, May 10, 2013

Green head not as shy

Plus maybe not as smart.  I rode down the shore a ways and got ahead of him and then hid behind a tree.  He swam right down in front of me.
He still some shy, though.  He see me and swim away.

I turned the other direction here's another look at the end of the peninsula where the new parking lot and fishing platform have altered the topography.
It's pretty out there even still without much green.  The wildlife is mostly all there now, though.  Today in addition to the mallard, I spotted the merganser, a loon, a couple of cormorants and both the white and the blue heron.

Fishing opener tomorrow, probably not a good day to try to ride to Vadnais.

3 comments:

Santini said...

Amusing. I wish I could have seen you hide behind the tree.

We have a lot of that pale green that is unique to Spring -- I imagine your trees will follow suit fairly soon.

Jimi said...

I still haven't seen a merganser. Maybe it needs a wilder lake than Como. Or maybe I'm not good enough at hiding.

BDE said...

His green head is a mighty beautiful color. Nice day. Nice pictures.