Friday, April 6, 2012

Wind returns

The wind came back up today and delivered a reminder about how hard it is to ride in the wind. The Auckland Rule was invoked, however, and a good enough time was had

I made my furthest south excursion of the season, riding into the mostly south wind down into the big city. Spring is springing, showing up nicely in the river gorge.That's the Marshall Avenue Bridge viewed from the Ford Parkway Bridge. My impression when I was lining up the photo was that the sky was quite blue. In viewing the image I notice that there was actually a fair amount of low lying haze.

The river still looks nice.

I deviated into the really big city for an earliest ever visit to the Falls.Here's a no surprise: That's the lowest flow of water I have ever observed going over the Falls at this time of year. It's going to be dry later on if that's all the water there is now.

I had seen that the NiceRide stations had been returned to their places on the streets. I had also heard from people who have season passes for NiceRide that the bikes have now come back too. Today I spotted the bicycles for the first time, for me, this year.But actually I wanted the picture because this time I was pretty sure that the blue, blue sky would show well.

And if it is blue sky photo time it must also be time for these to start showing up, the flowering trees.The sky looks appropriately blue in that one too, It was warm enough without being really warm, windy enough without being quite too windy, a good day to be outside riding a bicycle.

1 comment:

TOPWLH said...

Lovely photos-- the sky gets bluer in each subsequent one. It was a beautiful day to go the the falls. Our dafter and I enjoyed it there a couple hours after you. In spite of my advancing years, I managed to run up about a 125 steps. Not as good as biking against the wind for miles, but something. Life is good.