Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Sunny but cool

With the weather we have had I had completely forgotten that riding in the cold is also hard work. Today was cold. I guess it warmed up a bit later but during the time I was riding it was about 10 degrees BELOW the average high temperature for the day. Big difference.

I had to dig out some gear not because it had been put away, but because I hadn't had to dig it out yet. The most notable bit was a heavier jacket. Properly clad, it was actually a pretty nice day.

I rode out to Lake Vadnais again.I see that Charles Manson was denied parole (again) today.

Good decision.

1 comment:

Santini said...

Pretty picture. Vadnais is worth the trip, I think. Still, nice miles for an early season ride.

I can ride in the 40's pretty comfortably with the gear I have, but not colder. You are correct -- it is hard work at those temperatures. Nice to know it isn't just my take on it.