Friday, April 20, 2012

Golden sunshine a perfect blue sky

First off, just let me say that I DO NOT LIKE the new Blogger. As is usually the case in these "Upgrades" they have automated functions which I prefer to do by and for myself. It is that whole artist is solely responsible for content thing. If I double space something it is because I want double spacing. I do not want Blogger to "fix" it for me.

I do admit that I do like the new overview page. I found some missing comments in my new spam mailbox and released them to the full blog. It looks to me like the comment moderation thing may have been cleaned up significantly.

So, as usual, some good even though some bad. And since I don't have a choice . . .

I set about today readapting myself to Fahrenheit. The newspaper says average high has now reached 60F (just over 15C). Today therefore was coolish, only about 51 when I headed out although with the sun staying out it may be threatening to reach average.

Mostly after a week in Rain City it was especially pleasing to see all of that blue sky. Here are the four crabapple trees set in a square at the top of the hill in Shoreview. I get there with great regularity and some other readers have been there as well.
There were lots of pretty flowering trees in Vancouver but I never managed to find a single occasion when one of those trees presented itself to me with the encouragement of a break in the overcast allowing sunshine. The combination of the show off trees and my emergence from behind the clouds encouraged me enough that I found another set of trees, this time three at the stop sign. These are also trees that appear here nearly every year. It was a very pretty day.
A week off the bicycle inevitably leads to some loss of bicycle fitness. I don't think those 10 or so km on the rental can really be counted on as miles, particularly they can't be counted as miles maintaining bicycle fitness. Fitness had degraded slightly but I still felt invigorated by the sunshine and managed to post an recordable average speed.

I got all the way out to Lake Vadnais. I thought the blues were stunning.
That's a LOOK at Lake Vadnais.

2 comments:

Santini said...

Bicycle miles were thin this week here, too. Wind, rain, and other responsibilities ... you know, life.

TOPWLH said...

Lovely photos.