Friday, March 23, 2012

We've been tricked

Human beings around here have been tricked into discarding their winter coats and all of their wool in favor of the much lighter weight clothing of summer. Well, maybe not tricked, because it has been plenty warm enough for summer clothes. Still, with thoughts of cold and wet Memorial Days lodged in my memory, with remembrance of snow in May, I counsel not letting the wool get too far away just yet.

But we aren't the only ones being tricked, a major hornswoggling has been perpetrated on the flowering shrubs. I annually publish the first flowers I see, here it is this year:There are both a white and a purple blooming bush in that one and here is another variety of white seen about one block later.I have let a couple of days go when bicycling would have actually been possible. Each of those days was wet in the morning with 50 percent or more predicted for the rest of the day. I am a bit chagrined that the 50 percent ended up on the dry half each of those days. But it is still March and one doesn't want to court overuse strains this early in the season. I felt good today, it was a nice day to be riding a bicycle.

2 comments:

TOPWLH said...

Wow, trickery abounds. I think I can use your phrase "a major hornswoggling has been perpetrated on . . . " An excellent turn of phrase.

santini said...

Flowering shrubs! In Minnesota, in March! I fear for them, but admire their beauty.