Saturday, March 24, 2012

LOOK at this

It's the fewest miles ever ridden in a season on the Axis. But I was out yesterday and all of the streets in Roseville have been swept, even the usual trouble spots like the Hamline bridge over 36 and the Hamline-County Road C intersection. I ride most of my miles in Roseville (no surprise there), the streets in Roseville seem already in summer riding condition. Today's light winds were from the north making today a Roseville ride for sure.

I went down into the basement to get a different bicycle, a bicycle with skinny, high pressure, low rolling resistance tires. A bicycle that weighs nothing, nothing at all.

The surprise was that the tires still had fairly good pressure. Not good enough to ride on, to be sure, but the tires had enough firmness to make the pump back to ride pressure fairly easy (and I do have my good pump in the basement).

Here is a LOOK at today's bicycle taken in the shadow of the Shoreview water tower.The frequent Guest Rider will no doubt catch the additional significance of that photo.

Anne Marie's Pet Grooming has closed up in that Shoreview location and moved somewhere else. That means that that particular strip mall now has ZERO, count 'em, ZERO tenants. With no income you can't even break even on taxes and upkeep without even considering mortgage payments. I suspect that foreclosure and/or tax forfeiture is in the near future.

Here is a another photo of the same spot. I include this not because it provides any new information (although the picture of my bicycle IS better). I include this because this is a genre more usually explored by my elder siblings, the self portrait.I was wearing my optic yellow jacket when I took the photo but that is the point in the ride where I took it off and folded it into my pocket.

It may be March but it is summer.

Well, not quite summer yet.

I already provided this information off-line (that means in the living room) to TOPWLH but she remarked that she expected to receive the information in new internet content. I had not necessarily intended to include this in today's posting but given that she is expecting it:

EG: NA
CB: 62
AOWG: 77

So it was a pretty nice day for March even if it was 10 or so degrees under the most optimistic predictions.

I rode a summer bicycle.

3 comments:

Santini said...

Nice wheelset. Just how many colors of spokes are there?

I can't speak for all of your older siblings, but I like a nice self portrait now and then. That jacket helps quite a bit.

Santini said...

Hmmmm. I think my original comment disappeared. No matter.

1. Admire wheelset.

2. Mild protest as an elder sibling relative to self-portraiture. Like the yellow jacket.

TOPWLH said...

Well, some new news and some old news. Too bad about the strip mall, although even when I worked near there I only frequented it once. It was not necessary, it seems. Sounds like a really nice (familiar) ride. Too bad I was home sweeping the driveway instead. Good to see the Look out and about.