Tuesday, March 6, 2012

As long as I am here

One of the greatest things about a road trip is tunes.

I listened to Empty Glass twice this weekend, once on the way to Duluth and again on the way home. The tune from the album which received the widest air play and greatest acclaim was Let My Love Open the Door.

My favorite has always been this one, the one that caused the car stereo to be cranked up twice this weekend.

You give me an overdose of love
And just a little is enough.

Doesn't Pete look great? He is just a kid.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think that might be Pete's brother Simon on second guitar...and Pete had also raided the rhythm section from Scottish new wave powerhouse Big Country (In a Big Country), drummer Mark Brezezicki and bass player Tony Butler. Great record.

Mrs. Smith said...

Haven't heard great "record" in a while but that's what it was. Beautiful tunes with great lyrics and amazing guitar playing.