Monday, October 31, 2011

Season ends

Today is the last day of the seven months when bicycling seems a reasonable activity in Minnesota. The end of the season.

Well, I am a bit short of the annual mileage goal but I can report that the post season begins tomorrow and that bicycling still seems probable. Although formally not part of the season it certainly seems to me that the part of November when daylights savings time is still in effect is, at the very least, an adjunct to the season.

Therefore even though I concede the end of the season I have not yet formally conceded on the mileage.

I rode today mostly just riding around Roseville looking for the leaf pick up gang. I found one truck vacuuming leaves up from the street gutters but I never actually found the main pick up crews. Also, they did not come to my house.

As further evidence of how absurd leaf pick up FEELS, here is what my back yard looked like late this morning.The afternoon sun made some of those yellows really striking (but hard to photograph). It was pretty out there again today and although a bit cool, it was a day that was quite definitely bikeable.

The season goes on.

1 comment:

Retired Professor said...

I had much the same thoughts today. There looks to be some bikeable weather in the short term. So ride on.

It seems to me like a good time to gather up some extra photos for November posts.