Thursday, October 20, 2011

November 2

Today must be November 2 because yesterday certainly felt like November. I rode my bicycle but did not blog. It was cold, in the 40s, a strong north wind, and with leaden skies. I know what average means and those days earlier in the month in the 80s means that over the long run there are going to be days just as much below average in temperature as those where above. I had sorta hoped that they wouldn't arrive so soon.

And today was cold again, still 40s, still a strong north wind. But the wind has blown the clouds away and today was cold, crisp, and beautiful.

I rode out to Lake Vadnais. It has been a bit since I was last there and fairly obviously I missed the big deciduous show. Luckily enough the angle of the sun through the John H. Allison Forest still produced really interesting views.Here's a shot of the lake at an angle seldom photographed by me, that's the northwestern shore line of the eastern lake.Today's news:

Everyone who owns a bicycle go ahead and raise your hand. OK, just about everyone.

Everyone who has ridden 1,000 miles on that bicycle raise your hand. OK, still quite a few.

Everyone who has ridden 1,000 miles on that bicycle this year raise your hand. Now we are starting to cut down the crowd a bit but still a nice collection.

Everyone who owns two different bicycles on which they have ridden 1,000 miles this year now raise your hand.

I still have a hand up.

1,014 miles this bicycle this year.

1 comment:

Santini said...

I was with you right up until that last one, but then you knew that. Good stat.

I like the late fall colors. Vadnais is beautiful this time of year.