Friday, May 13, 2011

Tulip time

It was not a very good day here.

At around noon I announced my permanent retirement from bicycling, having reached the end of my rope regarding the wildly fluctuating, mostly in a a negative sense, weather.

A few minutes later I decided that I should at least go out and stand in the driveway for a bit. My primary intention was to assess what clothing I would have to don for taking a walk.

I stood out there and it really wasn't quite that bad. Within a few minutes I was riding a bicycle.

I am not sure where we stand on the official dates for Tulip Time but tulips are definitely in bloom here.Those who are following closely will recognize that the last use I made of my pocket camera was the Minnehaha Falls video.

Those who know me will know that I have an imperfect record regarding camera settings. On at least one previous occasion I have attempted to take a snap shot without resetting the camera to the still photo mode from the video mode.

It was always overcast, always vaguely threatening. It was not a good day at the Fairgrounds either.

EG: 51 CB:50 AOWG: 55

Yup, 50s.

I was skirting the Grandstand when I came upon this.I am pretty sure that is the cow that turned up missing last fall after appearing at the Fair. As much of the story as I can recall is that after the Fair the cow just was not where it was supposed to be. The owner appealed through the newspapers to the general public for information about a large plastic cow, and eventually this large holstein turned up somewhere in Wisconsin.

That is about all I can remember about the story as it played out at the time. Here is one part of the story that I never saw reported but which I am pretty sure is true: Beer was involved.

2 comments:

TOPWLH said...

That's the worst video I have ever seen. It made me LOL! (As you know.)

Retired Professor said...

Wow, PRFB (permanent retirement from bicycling) AND TEOMR(the end of my rope), all at the same time! Bummer.

Nice recovery.

Tulip Time is now -- Muezikparade is today. (Formerly known as the Parade of Bands.) Then we get our town back.

Cow!!!!!