Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A little bit nicer today again

I am confident that today we reached the average temperature for the date. It was just a little bit nicer than yesterday.

I recognize that this little bit nicer than yesterday thing is repeating itself. It seems to be true. We are not yet in the OOTNDITHOD category but today was way pleasant. It was a short sleeves and sun screen day.

Today's wind was mostly east again, as I mentioned a wind direction I like. Today the slight deviation from due east was slightly on the northern side and the velocity inched up a tick or two. I headed out on the 8 lakes tour.

I can't help myself, I really should let these trees reach peak before I take their pictures. I can't help myself, it has been such a brutal spring that the flowers sweep me away. This is another favorite, pictured nearly every year, the white blossom tree with a red blossom tree on each flank. The red isn't quite there yet but it still looks pretty.It also smells really fine.

Today is Wednesday and if there is ever a day at Vadnais when fishing pressure should diminish it should be the middle day of the work week. I suppose it did diminish a tiny bit, there was probably one less car in the parking lot than on Monday. But that one less car left a spot open on the lake shore and I took the opportunity to get this look at the jewel of the northern lakes.This picture was taken when I was almost home. It is at the end of the block, at the new, new Browns for those who know that code. I believe that these are Russian Olive trees.TCWUTH boarded Delta 220 this afternoon and by about 1am our time will be in the City of Light. The inter tubes reports that there are several cities that are sometimes referred to as the City of Light. The one Wireless will be in is the city that is most commonly referred to in this way. The high temperature today in Paris was 77. It appears that a highlight of her visit is going to be good weather. Springtime in Paris.

1 comment:

Retired Professor said...

Soak up the sights and smells of those flowering shrubs and trees. It doesn't last long, sadly.

Interesting cloud formations over Vadnais.

NE wind here today, too.