Saturday, April 11, 2020

Still feeling like May

It was a bit too chilly for me yesterday but today was another splendid day for the middle of May.  Or April.

Over the years I have ridden by a lot of inflatables decorating the yards of my neighbors.  Usually this occurs around Halloween, Thanksgiving or Christmas.  I feel certain that this is the first time I have seen one of these.
I rode through the Fairgrounds again today.  I think it is the most bicyclists I have ever seen on the grounds.  It was an unusual group though.

There were very few of the serious hobbyists who are the people I most often see out and about when I am riding.  Today it was a large number of family groups, getting some outdoor exercise in the time of COVID.

In line with my reporting of what I see over there I noticed a new grain storage bin shaped stand outisde of the Agriculture-Horticulture Building.
A local bank.

Rumors continue to circulate that the whole thing isn't going to be held this year.  I don't suppose that bodes well for the State's largest boar although I suspect the crazy pumpkin people will still be out in their pumpkin plots trying to produce a really giant squash.

Nice day for a ride, no maintenance issues today.

2 comments:

BDE said...

It was a splendid day to be outdoors. I also have never seen an inflatable that was Easter-related. Next maybe there will be one of a cross with a religious theme. Sorry, not funny for the highly devout.

A bank silo?!

Retired Professor said...

I like seeing new bikers and families riding, it’s a silver lining to all this. That inflatable is cute, but doesn’t look like it would hold up to a strong spring wind. I echo BDE, a bank silo?