Thursday, April 30, 2020

Old friends

NNW wind 10-12 mph maximum, temperature rising to 66.

Hooray, hooray, the last of April.

I intended to try a ride to the north, hoping to reach some places I have not been yet this year.  But it is still really early and there will be time for all of that later.  Instead what happened is I was riding along heading south and I just got a feeling for some old friends.
There are no students around so the coast was pretty much clear.  There was one family enjoying the fresh air on the mall there in the background.  But they were on the mall.  I was pretty much alone with the cows.

The color change is starting to occur in the flowering shrubs.  First comes the white blossoms, then come the pale pinks.  Here is a display of each along the side of the mall near the cows.
Finally I did make my way north.  I think this is the farthest north I have been this year, the parking lot of the public library.
Of course we have a coffee shop in our library, doesn't everyone?

Some things are going to reopen next week but mostly we will still be at home.  I will still be trying to get in some bicycle rides.  The results to this point seem pretty promising.

4 comments:

TOPWLH said...

I thought you were going to visit the cows! I drove by them in my car and said hello.

You did not get very far north. It's a start. I miss the library.

Retired Professor said...


My first thought was, Cows! or maybe, COWS! It's a great photo -- the lighting, the shadows, the memories of walking among those forms during better times.

Both of those first two photos are great. Your flowering shrubs are further along than ours are -- I believe you've had much warmer weather. Maybe further inland here, but the wind is from the west today, so if I ride (I hope to) it will be a north/south ride. My longest ride of the year is a sliver over 11 miles, so maybe I can stretch that out just a little bit. Maybe take a snack with me. Or caffeine.

Gino said...

Be careful out there.

Emily M said...

COWS! YAY!