Thursday, April 2, 2020

Nice bike

Second ride of the year today, first public affirmation of my ride.

I was outside the garage doing last minute details (cleat covers in pocket, garage door closed, hands in gloves).  A father and his young son passed by in the street on their way to the tennis courts.  The son said something to his father that I did not catch but the father replied, "Yes, it is a nice bike."

It was a grey day, always seeming just a little bit away from rain.  But the length of ride I am trying to get in right now requires a smaller window than when I was riding out to Lake Vadnais all the time.  So I only needed an hour and I was confident of that when I headed out.  Plus, if you only intend to ride ten or so miles it is quite unlikely that rain will arrive and catch you more than five miles from home.

I note that Wimbledon has been cancelled for this year.  Another cornerstone in the new reality I guess.  I have begun hearing rumblings that the Minnesota State Fair is quite likely to called off for this year as well.
See, the kid was not wrong.

In a shameless attempt to boost traffic I dip into the archives for July 4, 2017.
Already a determined stride.

Special addendum especially for those who love Paris:  I have been checking Google Earth every few days since the Cathedral burned.  The satellite photo has been unchanged until now.  The view of Notre Dame showed the church intact.  Today I checked it again and the photo has now been updated.  The spire is gone, canvas covers the area where the wooden attic was located.  The new image is sobering.

4 comments:

Retired Professor said...

Oh, so cute. ( The little girl.)
I heard they plan to run the Indy 500 in August this year.
Nice bike.

Emily M said...

Tiny, determined Norah! So cute!

Good info on Notre Dame, I will check it out. Norah asked the other day if we could visit the Eiffel Tower sometime. I told her of course.

Her response? "When I'm five?!?" Not quite, sweet girl.

TOPWLH said...

She had a similar look this year right before she blew out her candles. I forgot how curly her hair was even then. That was a wonderful 4th of July picnic!

Oh, and cool "nice" bike story. I saw that dad and his son heading to the tennis courts on my walk. It's fun seeing all the dads outside playing with their kids.

Anonymous said...

NICE BIKE P