Saturday, August 15, 2015

Photo opportunities

I may not even have to carry my camera after today.  It was a spectacular day here, cool and dry near the lake.  There was some wind but not enough to ever make it feel unpleasant.

A nice day for a ride.

And I got photos of several of the iconic sites that I come here to see.

I had to ride farther north than I expected to find the cardinal flowers.
I was on the right street but the ditch near the intersection where I expected fo find the red flowers was devoid of color.  I had resigned myself to not getting what I wanted today when the ditch before the next intersection erupted in color.
I always like to get to Road's End.
It was busy out there today on a Saturday, a large number of kayaks, a few jet skis and one fellow with a fairly deep draft boat with an outboard motor.  I chatted some with him.  The water there isn't really deep enough for that craft but he had put it in and puttered around a little.  He was leaving the landing about the time I was.  I was looking for a route south, he was looking for deeper water.

 Fuels with an attitude.
The source of all the blueberries.
Perhaps there will be sunset photos as well.

2 comments:

Santini said...

A very nice ride report. Pure Michigan.

Mrs. Smith said...

I missed seeing these iconic sites today but hope to do so next week on my rented bicycle. Great photos taken on a perfect day.