Monday, August 17, 2015

Actually it was working

Today we set out to rent a bicycle to allow the GRider to join the fun.  Her enthusiastic participation was delayed slightly by my first flat tire ever in Michigan.

*sigh*

It was inevitable.

So the deal is that I just stuff my cheap camera into the back pocket of my jersey.  The settings for the camera are on a dial on the top of the camera.  Every once in a while the action of stuffing the camera into my back pocket causes the dial to be rotated off the "auto" or the "P" settings where I generally have the camera set.  Then when I attempt to take a photograph usually I do not notice the askew settings.

I try to take a photograph and am unable to determine why the camera is not functioning.  I usually assume "darn" and decide to look into the problem when I get home (where I will not have to be trying to read the LCD screen on the back of the camera in strong sunlight).

That's what happened today when I announced to the model that the camera was not working.

As I often discover in situations such as this, the video is some of my best work.

And we ended up actually documenting the appearance of the GRider at the side entrance to Bowerman's, something that the supposed malfunction had caused us to doubt had occurred.  If you don't have a photo it didn't happen.

Except when you have a video.

3 comments:

Santini said...

New tires may be required for Michigan Blue. That was a nasty slash in the tire.

Cute video. Especially the tree part.

Mrs. Smith said...

It makes me giggle every time I view it.

Nice ride in spite of the slight delay and the hot, humid air.

Emily M said...

Excellent video, I agree with Mrs. Smith - it's funny!