Saturday, August 1, 2015

If you go out in the woods today

You better not go alone.

As usual, right click and open in a new tab then come back here for today's post.

The GRider and I toured the MUT through Grass Lake and the Snail Lake wetland in Shoreview.  It is shady and cool in there so the slight increase in temperature today over yesterday bothered us not at all.
Exposure on this one isn't the greatest but you can see water behind the GRider down at the bottom of the slope.  Most years that wetland is just that, a wetland.  This year it is a shallow lake.
As a shallow lake it is perfect habitat for the big white birds.  The heron rookery seems to have moved in there for this season.  We saw at least half a dozen.

Big John and Sparky.

2 comments:

Retired Professor said...

Saturday morning radio in Coleraine. I remember it well enough to know most of the words. Plunk your magic twanger Froggy.

NCW said...

It was indeed a beautiful day today, too nice to stay indoors. I walked around the neighborhood, but I didn't go out in the woods alone. I was afraid I might see the teddy bears having a picnic, and having fun without me.