Thursday, August 20, 2015

A day for the elements

The winds flirted all day with 30mph.  The big lake put on a show.

This first one is pretty early in the day pretty early in the show.
The FT took a video with her phone and was pretty happy with it.  This inspired me to try one myself (but not with my phone).

That went OK so I tried again.

I walked down the steps to dune level to get one of the sun with the dune grass interfering with the image.
Here is a sideways look at the same grass.
The tree at water's edge.
As is often the case, the post sundown show of the no longer visible sun illuminating the undersides of the clouds was probably the best show of all.

3 comments:

Mrs. Smith said...

Spectacular videos and photos! And to think all these were taken from Santini's front yard. The sideways view of the dune grass (amazing to me that it was taken at the same time as the one aimed at the sun) is surreal with its pink, green, blue and golden grasses waving in the wind. And the final one of the sunset's black and orange aftermath is just as beautiful as it was in person. Spectacular.

Emily M said...

I once again concur with Mrs. Smith - spectacular. I can only imagine how much more impressive it was in person.

Santini said...

My favorite is the one looking back at the bluff through the dune grass. Very cool. It was an interesting day to spectate the lake.