Monday, July 27, 2015

8 days a week

It was 83 today shortly after noon with a dew point of 71.

Right, clearly not a fit day out for the likes of me.

But tomorrow's forecast is for 100 percent chance of rain with the possibility of some of the rain occurring in severe thunderstorms.

I sucked it up and decided to get a few miles in anyway even though to do so would be to ride for my eighth day in a row.

Within a mile of the start a heavy cloud bank rolled in.  This kept the sun from severely overheating the moisture laden air that we have around here right now.  A nice brisk breeze was blowing and with the cloud cover and the wind the mercury in the thermometer paused in its upward surge.  It was actually a lot nicer than yesterday.

So I got in the miles that I wanted.  The sun reappeared just as I turned into our street, a block from home.

It is steamy out there now, punitive, ugly, way, way too hot.

I rode over towards where the big city to our south has posted signs threatening to oil the streets.  I just wanted to confirm that the project had started.  Within a block after crossing the city limits I came upon street sweepers.  The last thing before oil is a clean sweep.

I chose another route.  But I ended up in pretty much the same place except for another two block diversion to come upon yet another pretty intersection over there on the south side of the really big city.
There is at least one other photo opportunity in Minnehaha Park, Hiawatha and Minnehaha, just upstream from the edge of the Falls.
This is Midway Parkway just across Snelling from the main entrance to the Fairgrounds.  Oiling in progress.
Eight days in a row.  It would be fair to say that I did not have good legs.

In fact, I am going to come right out and say it.  I did not have good legs.

2 comments:

Santini said...

You don't need good legs. You just need to keep turning the pedals. (I read that somewhere, probably a bike blog.)

Kudos on 8 days in a row. Hard core.

I like the photo of Hiawatha and Minnehaha. It's been a while since I've seen one of those.

Take a break, you've earned it.

NCW said...

Eight days in a row in this brutal heat is quite an accomplishment.... good going! Rock on rock star!