Sunday, June 8, 2014

Homeward bound

A fine celebration in Cedar Rapids and homeward bound today.

The sun appeared only a short time after we got on the road and the day developed nicely, even though, as noted Friday, the ride is a trifle long for my preference.

No bicycling for three days but on the other hand travel is also hard.

We had two instances over the three days where I discovered that my affinity for water towers is not diminished by crossing the state line.  It still seems like everywhere I go I end up on top of the hill.
At the time we were there early this afternoon I believe that those are pretty much the four most significant attractions in Nashua, Iowa.  The water tower (interesting paint job, unusual for a water tower in my experience), the sign for the Dollar General Store, Casey's food and fuel and the fourth significant attraction.

Regular activities are expected to resume tomorrow.

3 comments:

Santini said...

Glad you got home safely.

I'll be off the grid for the next few days, but will resume speed later in the week.

emsa said...

Based on the reaction of our enthusiastic travel companion, the most interesting Nashua attraction is the park behind the welcome center. (Not pictured)

I judge the quality of small town Iowa by the presence of a Taco John's. Nashua ranks low on my scale.

Mrs. Smith said...

Nice to hear from emsa, who suggested a car pool to Cedar Rapids. So fun. Maybe a Taco John's some other time.