Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Overcooked

I was sort of looking forward to a rest day.  It IS early in the season and I am feeling a little achy.  The overnight forecast said 50 percent chance.  But this morning was pretty nice and by noon the chance had diminished to 10 percent.

Early on in the ride I found my first pinkish flowers.
Those are still pretty white but there is a tinge of color.  The white flowers are the first, once the pink ones show up the flowering shrub season is pretty much full on.

So I was eleven miles from home when in a period of only a few minutes the 10 percent chance went abruptly to geez this is definitely going to rain.  I had to smoke it, definitely smoke it at a rate which I am definitely not conditioned for.  I had to ride hard.

Overcooked, but home, dry, licking my wounds.

It never actually did rain but even so I am pretty sure TOMORROW is a rest day.

1 comment:

Santini said...

Nice flowering shrub photo -- with some definite sunshine.

It rained here today. Rest days make you stronger, or so I've heard.