Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Fall sideways

Yesterday instead of totally 70 we had cool again and totally about four inches of rain.  It was still foggy and humid this morning but eventually the sun won and a pretty nice day arrived.  The high temperature was predicted to be 80 and it may actually be fairly close when all is said and done.  The morning fog though kept noon temperatures still in the cover your legs category.

Rather than risk overheating I delayed 90 minutes or so before starting my ride expecting the eventual sun victory.  Sun wins, it was just fine.

There WAS some nagging cloud cover which kept my camera in my pocket until the very end.  I came across Raider fastpitch apparently on their way to victory over someone described by the PA announcer as the "Zephs".
Probably you can't see our house.  I can't.  But that large tree just inside the post on the left edge of the photo is our cottonwood.  Backyard entertainment.

The Zephs would most likely be the team representing Mahtomedi High School where the official designation, I believe, is the Zephyrs.  I don't wish to be unnecessarily judgemental (well, yes, actually I do) but I think Zephyrs is a WAY cooler name than Zephs.  I don't get to decide so I guess I won't.

 I was almost home, on our street actually when I came across a stunning new array of front yard utility flags.
That's two houses closer to the corner than the last array I posted.  I had a chance last week to ask the two houses closer to us neighbor Marcia about the array in their yard.  She said that their neighbors on the west side had some sort of issue with electricity over the winter and that the digging that occurred in Joe and Marcia's yard was to uncover some sort of "box" buried in front of their house to fix the electrical problem next door.

I am going to go ahead and guess that the last attempt (which sorta messed up Joe and Marcia's yard) didn't fix the problem and the crews have moved further up the street to the next "box".

It's always something, isn't it?

Ask and you shall receive.  I had to go and get it out of the trash but fortunately I have my trash set for only empty on my command so sending stuff to the trash doesn't actually remove anything (and yes, I know that even emptying the trash doesn't actually remove anything).  Digging around in the trash?  Interesting.  Mostly a lot of install files for Adobe and Firefox updates plus some other stuff that really just is trash.

Pesky user error issues.

2 comments:

Santini said...

Personally, turning my computer sideways was easy enough, and well worth the effort. It's a nice video -- there are no waterfalls where I live.

Zephyrs is much cooler than Zephs.





Emily M said...

I have an excellent video of the falls from our walk last night. I'll try to remember to post it when I get home tonight.