Saturday, August 3, 2013

Big fella

I admit it isn't nearly as good a photo as you can get when a big doe sleeps in your yard but I still like this one of what I counted as a 10 point buck.  He was grazing next to the parking lot at the foot of the Sucker Lake trail, the parking lot often featured because of broken car window glass.
People who seek out antler sheds should be alert to that part of town, there are going to be some nice ones out there later this year.

I have been experimenting with settings on the pocket camera.  After the big white bird fiasco I thought perhaps the landscape setting would result in less unsatisfactory auto focus.

Nope.

Back to automatic at least for now, maybe P, maybe that red heart one which I suppose is favorite.

*sigh*  Time to read the manual again.

I think I have had fair results in the past with no flash but I quite sure that as a setting that is only on the good camera, it is an extra step on the pocket camera.

I am still quite obsessed with trees.  The images you get on yahoo images of the big pines are not usually of those trees as yard landscaping.

However, I ride a bicycle, I see lots of trees, some in plantings which only bring to mind my god what were they thinking (under power lines for example)?

Here is a pretty nice red pine at the corner of a yard.
State tree of Minnesota.

And a nice white pine about two miles from here.
State tree of Michigan.

It was another day when half the sky was socked in heavy clouds and a clearly visible half the sky was more than enough blue to make all the pants Dutchmen are ever going to need.  As luck would have it most of my ride was under the cloudy part.  It was weird though, the sun was so close to the dividing line (from my perspective) that I often rode out into the sunshine.

Nice day.

2 comments:

Santini said...

Very nice trees, both of them. They also look very wide at the base.

Pretty good deer photo.

Jimi said...

That's a nice antlered buck. I didn't think they were already growing those things.

I think I detect some velvet on the surface of the antlers.