Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Things you don't see in the summer time

The weather was threatening all day long but unlike the past four days, today the threats went unfulfilled. In fact, the sun came out for the second straight day at about 5pm and I rode my bicycle. Unlike yesterday it was not raining while the sun was out and on what shaped up as a pretty nice day in September I got in a pretty nice ride.

There are definite signs of fall starting to appear here as well. I found a tree with leaves starting to turn. In fact, it was pretty hard to avoid. It is in the neighbor's yard right across the street. I didn't get a picture of it today but I did find this one taken three years ago. It is the tree with the orange leaves behind me and the Crown Jewel.By the way, the caption of that photo in my photo folder is "39 and sunny". So there's something to look forward to. I am sure the proximity of that tree will result in plenty of opportunities to get an updated picture.

But here's today's certain sign of fall, little kids at football practice at Falcon Heights Elementary School.We have had some instances of older persons playing football already, professional football is suddenly everywhere on television and TOPWLH had an encounter with a football team at Tunnel Park. But when little kids start practicing it is pretty clear that fall is not very far away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice pic. What month was that taken? It looks sort of Octoberish to me. Looks like more rain here today and tomorrow. Every summer seems to have at least one week like this, when it's hard to get in any significant miles. Rest weeks. SS

Anonymous said...

It seems too early for kids football. Can't they wait until school starts?