Saturday, August 4, 2007

Things you don't see in Roseville

Like the Port Sheldon Party Store.I was kinda hoping to get Santini for scale but she has moved just off frame right seeking shade to make a cell phone call.

The Bianchi Babe tried to convince me that the citizen hanging possibly inebriated out the side window of his automobile, then accelerating noisily into his estate, after which gunfire erupted was a bloggable moment. I maintain that if she wants that in a blog she should blog herself. That very clearly is something I have never seen in Roseville.

After we got back from bicycling we had lunch and then I was taking a shower. While I was standing in the shower a good government, good citizen, good neighbor type walked up and engaged me in conversation. To her credit she acted completely nonchalant about the showering business. She had some stuff from the neighborhood council and a directory of residents that she was dropping off. She failed to recognize me as an alien and engaged my showering self in conversation as though I was actually someone who needed the information she was passing out. I pretty much acted the same and pretended that standing soaped up in the shower and engaging in idle chit-chat was not as big a stretch as it actually is. She put the stuff down on the ledge and we had a pleasant but brief conversation and then she was off.

That is something you don't see in Roseville.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People just walk into showers in Michigan? What kind of place are you staying? What, are the showers outside or something?
SS